1. Create an 'oracle' user and 'oracle' group.
2. For user 'oracle' add 'root' to secondary list of groups
sudo chmod 775 /opt
4. Log out and log back in as oracle user
5. To fix a missing 'ntcontab.o', do the following:
sudo apt-get install gcc make manpages-dev autoconf automake libtool flex bison gdb gcc-2.95-doc binutils
sudo apt-get install libdb1-compat
7. Download the Oracle Application file 'as_linux_x86_core_101202.cpio' from oracle
8. Extract in local user directory
cpio -i --file=as_linux_x.....cpio -d
11. At the end of the install near 95% if is says that it cannot verify that the instance is running(message:
12. That's it. Let it do it's initialization process. When it is finished exit.
13. Go to http://localhost:1156 for the admin console.
14. There still needs to be an entry in /etc/intit.d but I have not done that yet. Soon, I will update the post with the file.